The testing dates will occur one Wednesday each month from 5 to 7 p.m. at the following IU cultural centers:
- September 27: LGBTQ+ Culture Center
- October 18: La Casa/Latino Cultural Center
- November 8: First Nations Educational & Cultural Center
- February 7: Neal-Marshall Black Culture Center
- March 6: Jewish Culture Center
- April 10: Asian Culture Center
An HIV test is done by pricking the finger for a blood sample. Results are available in about a half hour.
Aside from the listed testing event dates, free HIV testing is available every Thursday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the LGBTQ+ Culture Center.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1.3 million new people were infected with HIV globally last year.