NaloxBoxes are equipped with Naloxone, commonly known as Narcan, which is a nasal spray approved to reverse an opioid-based overdose. The NaloxBoxes also contain fentanyl testing strips.
The boxes are located at the following MFPD fire stations and are free to the public:
- Station 21 (Clear Creek Township) – 9094 S Strain Ridge Rd
- Station 22 (Perry Township) – 3953 S Kennedy Dr
- Station 23 (Indian Creek Township) – 8019 S Rockport Rd
- Station 24 (Benton Township/Unionville) – 7606 E State Rd 45
- Station 29 (Van Buren Township/Airport) – 2130 S Kirby Rd
- Station 39 (Van Buren Township/Stanford) – 9039 W Hinds Rd
According to Indiana’s Drug Overdose Dashboard, there were more than two thousand fatal drug overdoses in the state in 2022, including 48 people in Monroe County.
In 2023, there have been 509 reported drug overdose deaths in Indiana, of which 13 have occurred in Monroe County.