BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (IUSTV News) – A Bloomington man is facing a long list of charges after allegedly leading police on a chase through Rose Hill Cemetery on the west side of town Friday.
Bloomington Police arrested 18-year-old Mohamed Abou around 4 p.m. Friday after a short chase. Police say a vehicle believed to have been involved in a theft was located by officers, and a stop was initiated.
At one point during the chase, Abou reportedly entered the cemetery to flee from police. The limestone wall surrounding the cemetery was damaged along 3rd St, and a gravestone took some damage.
Abou and his passenger were arrested after the chase. Abou faces several charges including:
- Armed robbery, a level 3 felony
- Dealing a narcotic drug, a level 3 felony
- Theft, a level 5 felony
- Possession of altered firearm, a level 5 felony
- Cemetery mischief, a level 6 felony
- Resisting law enforcement with a vehicle, a level 6 felony
- Intimidation, a level 6 felony
He was out on bong from Oct. 2022 for previous charges of Armed Robbery, Criminal Recklessness, Unlawful Carrying of a Handgun, and Dangerous possession of a Firearm. Online court records show the court revoked his bond, and Abou remains in the Monroe County Jail. He is due back in court on Tuesday.