MADISON, Ind. (IUSTV News) – Detectives with the Indiana State Police arrested a Madison, Indiana man for child sex crimes that reportedly happened while he was a school resource officer for the Madison Consolidated School District.
Timothy L. Armstrong, 63, was jailed on the following charges following a 15-month investigation, that started in August 2022 after allegations of misconduct were forwarded to Indiana State Police:
- Attempted Child Seduction, a Level 3 Felony
- Attempted Promotion of Child Sexual Trafficking, a Level 3 Felony
- Vicarious Sexual Gratification, a Level 4 Felony
- Child Solicitation, a Level 5 Felony
- Attempted Child Exploitation, a Level 5 Felony
- Official Misconduct (Three Counts), a Level 6 Felony
- Inappropriate Communication with a Child (Three Counts), a Class B Misdemeanor
ISP says that the investigation determined that Armstrong had inappropriate communication with a juvenile male several times between April and August of 2022.
Jackson County Prosecutor Jeffrey Chalfant acted as a special prosecutor in the case after one was requested by Jefferson County Prosecutor David Sutter.