Large fire destroys garage early Monday morning



MONROE COUNTY, Ind. (IUSTV News) – A barn and garage were destroyed in an early morning fire in south central Monroe County, according to the Monroe Fire Protection District.

Fire officials say that someone living along Airline Road woke up around 1:30 a.m. to an “orange glow shinning into their bedroom window,” and noticed the fire outside.

Firefighters arrived on scene and found the structure completely engulfed in flames. Fire officials say that crews also discovered a large propane tank on the property was getting dangerously hot

The fire was under control in about 30 minutes and everyone was able to safely leave a nearby home without any injuries.

Fire investigators ruled the fire accidental due to an appliance malfunction.